ESGF Node Projects
The ESGF Node is the central project. It is an amalgam of several
sub-projects and external software components and libraries to create a single
Data Node artifact capable of searching, sharing and posting large amounts of
- Harvests, publishes, replicates and maintains meta data.
- Primary feature component for performing meta data harvesting, publishing
and maintenance. Features pluggable handler design architecture for multi
data format support.
- The identity provider in the ESGF SSO federation as well as account management
and access control system. Also including a web-based interface for site
- Identity Provider and User Manager
- Where users are managed and identities kept.
- Identity, security, naming, access, people
- The OpenID Relying Party - relays end-users to their home organization’s IDP
(identity provider) for secure login and connection to local resources
- OpenID relying party
- Provides the federation of nodes the ability to have single sign-on, with
- Single sign-on
- Security infrastructure for nodes and federation.
- Security infrastructure protecting data integrity and access on each node and
across the federation.
- Search mechanism that supports search across entire corpus of ever-changing
- The ESGF search module contains the next generation search functionality for
the Earth System Grid Federation, built upon the Apache Solr search engine. The
package contains functionality for:
- Publishing and unpublishing search metadata records into and from a Solr
server. Metadata records are generated by harvesting a remote metadata source
(a hierarchy of THREDDS catalogs, a OAI repository, a CAS metadata catalog).
- Searching the Solr engine content via a free text, faceted search or a
geo-spatial and temporal search.